Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Turtle Trot - Feb

Time to show off my Turtle Trot, a SAL hosted by Claudette of  BAP Attack, who just happens to be on a quest to stitch all her stash.  That is just so crazy and so inspiring!!  I love it.

As usual I am a day late, but yesterday was a sad day for our family, but we tried to make it a day of celebration.  My dear MIL passed on 9 Nov and yesterday would have been her 74th birthday.  Hubby and I took the kids (she was the only grandparent) for dinner and ended the evening singing Happy Birthday to Granny with a bit of carrot cake. 

So now on to my piece I have decided to concentrate on one piece, my BRD "Stop and Smell the Flowers" it really needs my attention and I am so close to finishing it.  I worked on some of the incomplete squares and a bit of the border.  Here is where I started. 

BRD
Stop and Smell the Flowers
Dec 2014


Here is where I am at today.  I completed the block below "F" and  the block between the numbers 3 and 4. Added another row of border on the right as well.  Plan to stick with this one until it is done, done, done.

BRD
Stop and Smell the Flowers
Feb 2015

Don't forget about my surprise LHN pattern giveaway in the post below.

Enjoy!!


CJ

9 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress on this one and I can see why you stick with it. I'm at that place with a couple pieces where the end is in sight. :)

Linda said...

Love this one CJ. I think I have every one of these charts. I have done one a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Linda

Vickie said...

Woo hoo! I am cheering you on!

Mii Stitch said...

It's a great design! Nice progress :)

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Great progress. Love the design.

Brigitte said...

This is such a loevly WIP and I can understand that you want to concentrate on it until it's finished. Not very long ...

Vickie said...

Looks great!!!

Justine said...

Beautiful WIP and so close to a finish too!

Claudette497 said...

You're so close! I can't wait to see this finished!