Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stitching News

October is turning out to be a great month for stitching and finishing.  It has been forever since I have stitched and finished a project having it ready to display or present to someone.  I usually stitch it, then store it or ship it out.  Not so this month I have two finishes to share, yes, I said two--even I can't believe it. 

First up,  way back in 2008 or maybe it was 2007,  I joined a little Round Robin group--actually my first ever RR.  For this adventure I choose Prairie Birds (booklet 24) from Prairie Schooler. The RR was a success and everyone got their pieces back and mine went into the cupboard.  So here comes Thursday morning (10/13), I take the kids to school and now it is time to put together the scissor fob for Ms H. that I had stitched up in the spring. It had to be done by 1pm, because I needed to be at school for a meeting and two parties.  Well, ninety minutes later I had totally given up on the fob, it just was not working out.  Panic!!  What to do?  Hmmm.  I pulled out my storage box of stitched pieces and voila, there are those lovely stitched birds.   I pick put a bird, do a little ironing, throw it on a block, add dark green and cream checked fabric and a lovely fall colored wire ribbon.  Done!!  Now I am ready to wrap.  How easy was that--very easy. 

Prairie Birds, Booklet 24, Humming Bird
Stitched on 14ct Ivory Aida with DMC floss



Next, another Prairie Schooler creation in a block for the Rotating Designer Exchange.  For this project I selected the pumpkin from A Prairie Year, booklet 6, which I believe is retired. I really like how this turned out and I am truly enjoying making blocks.  Now it is all wrapped and boxed in the hands of the postman on the way to it's new home.


A Prairie Year, Booklet 6, October Pumpkin,
Stitching on 28ct Evenweave with DMC Floss

Lastly, I received my Rotating Designer Exchange from Conny.  It is from Prairie Schooler Booklet 90, Spring and Fall.  It is so well made, I love it and I am very thankful.  This was a fun  and very well organized exchange and I look forward to the next round.
Prairie Schooler, Spring and Fall, Booklet 90
Rotating Designer Exchange from Conny

Congrats to the Texas Rangers on making it to the World Series--woohoo!!


Thanks for stopping by and I truly enjoy your comments. 




See ya!!


CJ

1 comment:

Meari said...

Very cute finishing, CJ!