Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Leftover Thread - STNA Blog Hop #7

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop


SNTA Blog Hop Asks: What do you do with the floss, thread, beads, and other elements you have left over from full project kits?

Well, when I used to buy prepacked kits I would toss all the excess when I finished the project.  That is one of the reasons I stopped buying kits--lots of waste and most times poor quality threads.  I like to freedom of picking my own fabrics and floss colors, I find it less wasteful and I am using products that I like.  

Enjoy!!

CJ



Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

3 comments:

Meari said...

Recently, I used floss from a kit to do a punch needle design. In the past, I've used leftovers to make ornaments.

Kasey said...

I have just recently discovered the fun of altering the patterns. I, too, also prefer to just buy the charts since it's typically cheaper. The Mirabilia Limited Edition Faeries, however, I purchased the kits because they were cheaper that way.

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

So far a lot of the responses have mentioned the poor quality of supplies that come in kits these days ~ I have to say that just makes me sad :-(

I know there are budgets to keep and businesses to run, but I'd like to see quality take a stance in the needlework industry and better products being put out there. Better products = happy customers = more purchases.