Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm am Stitching Again!!

Can I hear on big WOOHOO!! I started stitching again, only for an hour or so at a time and it is great.  My CTS is under control and so very happy.  I'm only wearing the brace a few times a week at night.  Wearing  the brace and losing weight has really helped my wrist/hand.  Hope it stays like this forever.  As for weight lose I am down 17 pounds.

Stitching Update

So what am I stitching?  I am playng catchup still working on BRD "Stop and Smell the Flowers".  I also plan to adapt a portion of this pattern into a biscornu for a challenge I am hosting on swap-bot.  Check it out perhaps a few of you would like to join me. 

I have some PIF's to finish up that will be going out in the next few weeks. Then I plan to host another one to support "Stand Up to Cancer".  Still working on the details for this one.  Speaking of cancer check out Nancy's blog.  Nancy is collecting "Think Pink" items from her friends and followers to raffle off on her blog in the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness.  What a great cause, please stop by and give her a shout out of encouragement.

Papercrafts

Since I have been working full time for the past 7 weeks--3 more to go-- my card making/paper crafting has been put on the back burner so to speak.  I have a few swaps coming, I will try to take a few pictures to share with you as I get the cards made.  I am also considering hosting a card making party for OWH this summer.  To support OWH from now on, each time I make a card for an exchagne I will make at least on extra for OWH.   I think that sounds like a good plan.

Basket Weaving

I did make a new basket, actually two recently.  One is an oval gift basket accented with black and red, the other is an Easter basket.  I plan to make several more oval gift baskets for my kids teachers and one wine basket for a retiring teacher friend.  

Reading

Currently I am reading a cozy murder mytery called Crewel World (Needlecraft Mysteries, Book 1) that I picked up from paperbackswap.com.  I need to come up with a creative way to display what I have read, what I am reading and what I intend to read on thie blog.  If you have any ideas please send them my way.

Other Stuff

As for the family we are doing great.  DH is down 28 pounds--you didn't think I would go on a diet by myself now.  The kids are fine.  One is in the Miracle League and two are playing soccer.  My oldest DD will take some art lessons next month, turns out the kid loves to draw.  We are also looking at summer camp activities.  Can't believe we are only weeks away from summer break.  Thank goodness my job will be finished in 3 weeks and I can get some things done around the house before the kids are here 24/7.

Oh well, time for coffee.

BTW - Meari, love your new car. 

See ya!!

CJ

9 comments:

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Your book sounds good. I'm currently reading the Yarn Harlot. (Not as bad as the name sounds). It is about a woman obsessed with knitting. It's an enjoyable and easy read.
Blessings,
Nancy
ps. Glad you are stitching again!

Meari said...

Hey, that's great that you're stitching again. Better yet is that your CTS is under control and you lost 17 lbs (I'm jealous). Good for you!

Glad to hear the DH and kiddos are doing well.

Sherry said...

I am so glad you are able to stitch again! I know if I lost some weight it would help my hands alot not to mention I would just feel better. I try. I really do but I will start to make progress then I suddenly just get very very hungry! agh!!!!!! My efforts are flushed down the drain!

Carolyn NC said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the stitching again!

Shelleen said...

you have been busy and so glad to see that you are stitching again.

Lyn said...

Glad to see you stitching again, CJ. God to hear everything is great.

CindyMae said...

So glad that you are able to stitch again, that is wonderful news!

Nora Grudis said...

Hey Girly!! Glad you're back to stitching, blogging and such. I need to look to you as an example for multitasking and weight loss. I have been designing Wedding invitations for a girl at work. Only need to make about 300! Maybe I can get around to updating mt blog someday. Love ya, Nora

Vickie said...

Love the Monica Ferris Series! Congrats on the weight loss and being able to Stitch again!!