Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stitching Ritual Blog Hop - STNA

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop

So how do I stitch the night away??

My ritual, actual habit or obsession, for my stitching time is that it must be dark, the sun must be gone or it just doesn't feel right.  Occasionally, I will stitch in the daytime, but I prefer the night as it is a signal to my brain that it is time to relax and forget the stresses of the day.  Usually when I am stitching in the during daylight hours it means I am approaching a deadline and my stress level is peaking. 

I have a spot on the couch with pillows and a blanket if needed or heating pad if my carpal tunnel is acting up.  My Ott liggt, ORT jar, markers, pin cushion, lots of needles are on the end table.  My stitching bag sits on the other end of the couch so I have plenty of room to spread out--I hate prefer not to share the couch when I stitch.  The TV or my keeps me company, if I am not stitching while watching TV I fall asleep.  All my projects are kitted up in my large stitching bag making it easy to grab the one I need and get to work. 

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:



Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

Enjoy!!


CJ

3 comments:

Meari said...

I'm in a transitional stage right now. For the past 12 years, I've mostly stitched on the sofa. It's been hurting my back lately, so I got a chair last weekend. I've changed all my stitching stuff over to the chair area and tried it out last night. Takes a bit getting used to, lol.

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

I do most of my stitching at night too, that's how my website got it's name after all ;) I have that same connection to it's night, I need to relax, and if I want to relax then I need to stitch!

Kasey said...

So long as it's not beading, I tend to stitch at night. Even with an Ott Lite, I need the natural light to help with beading for my poor eyes.