Friday, July 1, 2011

TUSAL July New Moon -- AKA The ORT Report

Happy July!!!  We have had a miserably hot June in North Texas.  The drought is awful and my yard is turning brown no matter how much I water.  Not sure how much more of this we can take.  Wild fires pop up constantly and the wind never stops blowing.  We need a break.  Please pray for rain for my little part of the USA. 

I am happy to announce I completed 3 stitching projects in June and I have a few goodies in my bag to work on in July.  My little jar is getting full, but I just keep smashing it all together so I can add more and more ORTs.  This little jar has come in handy, especially when I only need one (yes, one) stitch of yellow to complete a project.  So I dug through my jar of odds, ends and scraps, found a bit of yellow that would work, one-half stitch and viola, project complete.



I wish all of you a safe and happy 4th of July, no fireworks in North Texas this year to the extreme drought and fire danger. We are spending the weekend in Dodge City Kansas at a World of Outlaws race--woohoo!! Thanks for stopping by.  I really appreciate all your comments.

See ya!!

CJ

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who digs through my ort jar for one piece of thread!!!

Meari said...

Sometimes I dig in my ort bag for a piece that will complete one or two stitches. My issue is that usually my orts are only about an inch long!

It's been hot, humid, and dry here too. The rain we have gotten has been sucked up by the ground immediately and afterwards I swear I hear the dirt and plants say, "More?!" My yard is quite crunchy.