Friday, June 10, 2011

One more Coffee House Mystery completed, two to go!!

Love, love, love a good Coffee House Mystery and Cleo Coyle's, Espresso Shot hit the mark.  An absolutely entertaining and enjoyable book.  Cleo and her new love finally got together, hope it works out for them.  Her ex is remarried, but not out of the picture.  Now I just have to wait for the next two books in this series to pop up on PaperBackSwap. A cozy mystery is just what this mom of three needs at the end of a busy day--great way to clear the mind.  At least that is how I like to de-stress. 



Once Espresso Shot was finished I picked up Monica Ferris's Framed in Lace, the second installment in the Needlecraft Mystery series. Main character Besty Devonshire somewhat reluctantly solves her second murder mystery.  While not very exciting, this series is a fun read.  The stories are centered around people who visit a particular needlework store "Crewel World" and the story includes lots of needlework talk and a free pattern.  The author is very eclectic, loves to cross stitch--my kind of girl-- and loves to wear hats.   The free pattern I adapted for a card exchange, you can see it here.



Anxiously waiting on my bookshelf are three books from Cleo Coyles' Haunted Bookshop Mystery series written under the nome du plume, Alice Kimberly.  I am so excited to start reading The Ghost and Mrs McClure, but that will have to wait until I am finished with Lowcountry Summer by Dorthea Benton Frank. Hubby bought this book for me on Mother's Day and this time he got it right, I feel in love on page one.  The main character Caroline is totally captivating--I will be reading more by this author.  



Thanks for stopping by.



See ya!!

CJ

No comments: