Monday, February 21, 2011

Crazy January Challenge 2011 Project #3 Finished!!

Oh my, it is time for a happy dance!!!  I have finished my 5th project for  2011 and 3rd project on my Crazy January Challenge list.  I have finished the Name Flake for my son, Sam.  When we brought him home from China we called him Sammy for the longest time, well at least until he got into Pre-K and decided he like being call Sam versus Sammy.  He is the sweetest and smartest little boy in the world and we are so blessed to have him in our family.

I stitched this up on 18ct hand dyed aida from Enchanted Fabrics--who is out of business, boohoo.  I used DMC 517 for his name and DMC 311 for the snow flakes.  The pattern calls for the larger snow flakes to be covered with beads, but that was not working out well with the 18ct so I decided to just put beads in the center.  Now I am working on the Quaker Armadillo.  



Happy President's Day!!


See ya!!

CJ

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

staci said...

Cute! Congrats on finishing your third challenge project!

Anna van Schurman said...

My sister refused to be called Sammy after about age 11. Now some 30 years later (her bday is tomorrow) she let's us call her that again! :) Nice finish!

Jodie said...

I lovveeeee this finish!! It looks great, I love the swirley-ness of it all :-)

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Hi CJ,
Those last two projects have turned out so nice. Hope you have them framed. I just got a new embroidery machine so I can skip some of the hand work. ;-)
Anyway, I love how the name turned out.
Hope your 2011 is off to a great start.
Hugs,
Nancy

Meari said...

Very cute. I love those name ornaments. Again, I liked the tidbit of info you included. :) It's always cool to read a story that goes along with a finish.