Thursday, July 24, 2008

How About a Thursday Stitching Update

Whew, it has been a long 10 days since I have posted any updates. We were very busy last week completing a clinic for my son at Cincinnati Children's Medical Center and visiting with my lifelong friend/CSF member Nora. She and I have been friends since we were kids, but rarely see each other, the last time we saw each other was 14 years ago. We do manage to visit on the phone at least once a week. It was so good to see her at last, wish it would have been longer. I am trying to talk her into going with me to a stitching retreat in Tulsa.

Managed to complete a piece of stitching, it is a Fan designed by
Miriam. It took me about six hours to stitch while sitting with my son in his hospital room. He has about six more days to stay in the hospital so I may get a few more projects done. I will be finishing this into a Scissor Pocket for the MFC. Need to get it finished off by the end of the month.

Enchanted Fabrics Light Green 16ct Aida
Cross Stitched with Six Strand Sweets Floss Wildberry Cobbler
Back Stitching and Blackwork with Carrie's Creation Eggplant

Started working on JABC ABC Apple for my daughter yesterday. It will be a very quick stitch, I am using 14ct fiddlers I can move pretty fast on that fabric. I also joined a new Yahoo Group today for people who like quick stitches. Just waiting on final approval, once I get it I will add their link to this page.

Regarding the PS Fans group, Lynne received the Pinkeep I made for her. Thought I had a picture of it with me on my flash drive but no go. I will post a picture of it once I get home. I signed up for the Small Santa exchange, now I just have to pick pattern, that is always the hard part for me. I have it narrowed down to a few designs now I just need to commit.

Well that is it for today. If you have not read Meari's blog lately you need to check out her latest entry makes you want to say "DUH".

1 comment:

Meari said...

LOL, love the last part of your post CJ! Ha.. "duh" is right!

Your fan is beautiful... I'm looking foward to seeing it finished into a scissor pocket. That's one thing I haven't done (yet).

Glad to hear DS is doing well after his surgery.